If you’re an athlete, you’re most likely familiar with ice baths. The goal of an ice bath is to use cold temperatures to reduce inflammation and speed up the muscle recovery process. Cryotherapy, is essentially an ice bath on steroids, however, it only takes 3 minutes – and there’s no cold water immersion involved.
Many professional sports teams and collegiate athletic programs have implemented cryotherapy in their training rooms as an ice bath alternative.
A 3-minute cryo session provides the following benefits:
- Increase Athletic Performance
- Accelerated muscle and injury recovery
- Decrease muscle soreness/fatigue
- Alleviated inflammation
- Flushes lactic acid from muscle tissue
- Reduce Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
- Allows you to train harder
- Improved energy levels
- Improves muscle and motor unit activation
- Improves joint function
- Improves mobility