Whole Body Cryotherapy
Cryotherapy is the modern day ice bath, quicker, more effective, and easier for all age groups to use consistently in order to reduce inflammation through a process called vasoconstriction. It is the fastest & most effective therapy for reducing total body inflammation quickly. Cryotherapy is commonly used for natural pain management, reduced muscle soreness, peaked athletic performance, increased energy, immunity boost and improved sleep.
Why use Cryotherapy?
A recent survey showed Cryotherapy clients using the therapy for these benefits: 31% pain management, 28% workout recovery, 14% mental well-being, 9% weight management, and 18% for other benefits.
ATHLETIC RECOVERY BENEFITS:
If you’re an athlete, you’re most likely familiar with ice baths. The goal of an ice bath is to use cold temperatures to reduce inflammation and speed up the muscle recovery process. Cryotherapy, is essentially an ice bath on steroids, however, it only takes 3 minutes – and there’s no cold water immersion involved.
- Increased Athletic Performance
- Accelerated muscle and injury recovery
- Decreased muscled soreness/fatigue
- Alleviated inflammation
- Flushes lactic acid from muscle tissue
- Reduce Delay Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
- Allows you to train harder – peak performance
- Improved energy levels – natural endorphin booster
- Improves muscle and motor unit activation
- Improves full joint function/mobility – less risk for injury
Cryotherapy exposure to the skin can help repair damage by increasing the circulation of blood flow and boosting collagen production. This process is great for anyone looking for tighter, more youthful skin.
- Increased collagen production in the skin
- Tightens and rejuvenates skin
- Improve skin clarity
- Increased cell regeneration
- Can help skin conditions (Eczema, Psoriasis, and Acne)
- Caloric Burn ( between 500-800 calories per session)
OVERALL WELLNESS BENEFITS:
While cryotherapy is great for helping the aches and pains of an active lifestyle, it is also a great option to help bring relief to a variety of chronic disorders.
Originally developed to treat rheumatoid arthritis, whole body cryotherapy has been found to offer benefits to a variety of conditions.
A few of the disorders that can benefit from the use of regular cryotherapy include, but not limited to:
- Increased blood circulation
- Enhanced metabolism
- Improved sleep quality
- Release “feel good” endorphins
- Aids with depression & anxiety
- Detoxify and enhance circulation
- Strengthen the immune system
- Reduces pain intensity and frequency by reducing inflammation